Monday, March 2, 2009

betul betul betul...

I have never written anything on films before but this time I really want to say something especially about Malaysian movies. I went to watch the much-publicised movie GENG ADVENTURE UPIN DAN IPIN last week. Of course it's nothing compared to Finding Nemo, Little Mermaid, Bee Movie and the rest that come out of Pixar or Dreamworks studios.

But for a Malaysian standard, I think it was commandable. The visuals were beautiful, the effects was fantastically done. The storyline, although not as interesting as those of the movies I mentioned above, it managed to make audience laugh and tense at the same time. I have to say GENG was the best locally produced animated movie ever. Credits to the filmmaker and producer Les Copaque. Mind you they are mostly local graduates with great talent and vision. Although it is still a long way to reach the levels of Pixar and Dreamworks but with such great talents like those youngsters that produce GENG I'm sure the road can be shortened.

Congratulations to Les Copaque and all the best for your future works.

No comments: