Tuesday, June 17, 2008

1 down, many to go....

Just got back from KL yesterday after a 3-day conference. No, I'm not a presenter but the organiser. If you've been involved in organising such event, you should know how tiring it can be. I'm aching all over. Sat gi nak kena pi dengar talk by one of the keynote speakers, James McCroskey, yang attended the conference tu kat sini pulak. Since we are the host, kenale entertain dia. Cuti dibekukan to make sure that everybody are there to listen to his talk. As for me,I don't know if I'll be able to open my eyes and ears to listen to whatever he wants to say. At the moment, what I want is a good sleep and a massage. Kalau pi massage, mesti akan terbelahak sepanjang masa...

Talk about the conference, I didn't even get the opportunity to listen to most of the presentation sebab sibuk doing other things. From the titles listed in the programme book, there were quite a number of interesting topics presented. A friend who attended the conference complained that she did not get to have a conversation with me because I was always "having things to do". Bukan tak mau nak sit down dengan friends especially yang susah nak jumpa but I was not able to get away from my duty. We did not bring any support staff to help out b'coz it will incur big budget. So yang buat kerja-kerja tu semuanya tutors and lecturers. So it won't be fair to impose a lot on them especially those yang memang already bombarded with lots of things to do from the very beginning.

Aynway the good side is I got to meet some old friends who I have not met for quite a while, and made some new friends. New knowledge? Well, there are a few. The good thing is some of the presentation materials are stored in my laptop! The conference is over and of course not without headaches and heartaches. But the best part of it all is that I got to see the true colours of the people I worked with...

That's that. One task is completed. A few more to do. I have to straigthen my ISO files (which I find is so unnecessary and money-wasting especially when you are working in a university that claims to be a "management university". You should be able to manage well and come out with a more feasible and workable system in order to make sure that the standard of your organisation systems are superb!) I see this ISO thing as an opportunity for consultants to make money. I mean, why do we need to have these ISO people coming in to tell us what is best for us when they are not even in the system? Besides we already have an internal auditor (kat sini ada unit kualiti) and the auditors from the ministry. Banyak sangat ke duit kita yang nak dihabiskan when budget for all other important and necessary things is being slashed?...

Next weekend will be another weekend in KL... Penat but it's something that I have to do. I'm teaching a PJJ class on saturday. Then back to Kedah on sunday and before I realise it, I am already in the lecture hall giving a lecture to 200 students. And my classes are on sundays and Tuesdays....

2 comments:

Mama Chupan said...

Allo noya, nice layout. hehhe..

AUNTIDA said...

ces, wa masuk comment box ni tetiba nampak sign in as mahyuddin. adakah itu nama bofren baru lu or just kawan lama lu kat comm tu?

anyways, natural blogger la lu. wa kena hang my blogging hat dulu coz report rm5000 tak siap lagi.