Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tolon, tolon...

Hi everyone. It has been a long time since my last entry. When was that? Gosh, right after the raya break and that was about a month ago!

Since then, many have happened. Some interesting ones, some not so interesting, and some were just bad.

Let me go chronologically. A few weeks after the raya break, I was pretty busy with my students' projects which were launched in conjunction with the Communication and Media Festival organised by the communication program, UUM. There were 8 projects all together held during the week. Although they were not fantastically carried out, but I am proud of my students for accepting the challenge that I gave them. Things may not be perfect but they went fairly well. Good work boys and girls. But surely that will not guarantee a super good grades!

Anyways, the week went by not without stress. I had to go home late at night three nights in a row. So tired I wanted so much to take a break, have a good massage and relax at a spa somewhere. A good thing though, my badak friends were having a raya open-house in Penang ( I was also one of the hostesses, by the way). That gives me the chance to get away for a while from the hectic life in Sintok.

The open-house was fun. I got to meet with friends that I seldom meet apart from my badak friends whom I meet frequently. The food? Of course, awesome. Mind you, all badaks are good cooks. So you can be assured that whenever the badaks have a get together, food will always be the best. After the food, there's the karoake session. Tak best kalau tak try out songs yang memang tokle nak tarik suara tapi nak cuba jugak. Balik suma dah hilang suara!

The day after Deepavali, I left for Phuket. I wasn't looking forward to it. No, it was not for holiday. I was asked by my boss to attend a convention on student development. Since I'm a student advisor, she said it would be good for me to go. She said it would be a chance for me to relax and get away from work. Yeah right! It all sounded so glorious. PHUKET. Who wouldn't want to go (except me when I thought of all the work that I had to come back to later!). The thought of seating in a bus for 12 hours already put me off. But it's an order, she said. GOD, it was tiring. My body ached all over due the uncomfortable seat. Tau ajele tidor yang tak berapa nak tidor!

Even worse when we reached the hotel at 6.30am, there was no room for us. We had to wait until 2.00pm to check in. The weather did not help either. It was raining all day. So don't bother about going to the beach! Shopping? Not many nearby places to check out for souvenirs as we did not have the opportunity to wonder around the island. BTW we stayed at Patong. So you can imagine that most of everything is expensive. Nak cari makanan halal pung a big task.

However the convention was okay. Papers presented were quite interesting although ada gak yang wa rasa buang masa dengo. The third day i.e. the day we left Phuket was, how should I put it...TERUK. Never in my life pi conference orang halau kita balik. Takut tak make it to the border (Blackwood Hill) in time, we were asked to leave ASAP. Depa halau sebab takut students couldn't make the exams the next day. Lunch pung kena pack makan atas bas. It was so out-of-mind. Rebut-rebut pung tak dan jugak nak cross over to Mesia. Kena lepak for 5 hours kat Dannok until the gate's opened. HORROR betul. Pitty the students yang nak sit for exams at 9am. Depa carilah tiang lampu to buat revision.

Nak kata pung universiti sendiri tapi nak kena kata gak. Lain kali buatle planning bebetul. Why do you have to go across the border so far away when you can always have it here? Less money spent, less time consumed and so very convenient to many.

Buat rugi duit den ajo pi urut Siam then bisa tulang semulo tiba Mesia. Lani nak kena cari tukang urut semulo.

Tengok kejo yang bertimbun-timbun on my desk lagi le poning palo den. Tolon, tolon....

No comments: