Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Am I getting blurrer and blurrer????"

What's wrong with me? A few weeks ago I knocked a mirror off a display cabinet at a department store. Then last week I went into a men's toilet (of course without realising it!). I went to visit a student who was doing her practical training at one the companies situated in one of the new buildings in Penang. At the end of themeeting, I thought that I needed to ease myself first before proceeding to the next stop.

The signs at the top of the door showed that lady's was on the right and the gent's was on the left. Without hesitation I just turned to the right. The doors to both the lady's and the gent's were wide open. Nobody was around, it seemed. So there I went. Once done, I opened the door with the intention to wash my hands at the wash basin. To my surprise, there stood a man, back toward me, doing his business at one of the "I-don't-know-what-it's-called" things that was meant for men - things that I thought was tempat wudu' because tak ada bowls like what they usually have in men's rooms.

Although I cannot see my own face, but I can imagine what I had looked like then - shocked and embarassed and other unimaginables. I walked out so fast without washing my hands, never turning back even once and reached my car in no time.

GOD, what's wrong with me??? Is it the age or is it GOD's way of making my life more interesting by giving me the opportunity to experience things that I thought would only happen to other people, not me. So far things that happen have been those that I can laugh at. Hopefully the next would still be something cheerful to brighten this dull sintok-life.

A friend told me that the men's toilet is always on the right and the lady's is on the left. Really? Never knew about this before...

5 comments:

Crabby - Temasek Born Malaysian said...

never mind... the fact tht you didn't just smile and wave to the man shows to him, that you're not a pervy...... hehehehee hensem kah? wakakakaka!

chu said...

wa hanya pandang belakang dia. Tak sanggup tengok depan. lu giler ka mau pandang depan dia when diatengah buat business?????

mr baker said...

chu, blame the maintenance people of that building for not displaying the correct signage. toilets for either male or female can be on either side and they must be clearly identified.

shilla66 said...

wa pun pernah termasuk tandas lelaki beberapa kali, latest waktu dinner bakti kt hotel apa ntah kat klcc tu... dah lah aku disoriented as event tu tema black and white, so org nampak sama aje....
ishhhh malu besaq memang ada mamat yang dok pancut kat urinal tu...

getoffmyface said...

biasaklah pora2 silap masuk toilet public ni for cheap thrills.....wakakakaaka...

Wa pernah masuk gents 2 kali kat KLIA......siap masuk and marah2 orang ramai yang sedang berbusiness..."hoiii...apa ni masuk toilet pompuan!" pas tu bila semua orang pandang and ada satu mat lagi masuk, baru wa realize...wa yang salah concept....lari tak cukup tanah...ha ha ha...

konsepnya adalah : marah and mengamuk dulu, baru find out...:)

-chewangcung-