Tuesday, September 9, 2008

of ramadhan and banjir...

Already the 9th day of Ramadhan! Just how fast time flies without us noticing it. Firstly let me wish everyone HAPPY RAMADHAN. A bit late though but not too late I hope. Except for my cell's ringing tone, I haven't heard anybody playing the raya songs yet. So I assume the raya mood is not in the air yet!

Talking about Ramadhan, the first thing that often strikes me is the pasar ramadhan. Tak baik kan? Ingat food dulu. Patutnya ingat nak buat ibadat bebanyak. Anyway, can't say I forget about that totally. Sunat Tarawih, although I can't say I perform it religiously, but I do perform that ibadat as often as I could. Generally the ibadah will always be extra in ramadhan. (Kalau selalunya duk perform subuh gajah, bulan posa ini InsyaAllah subuh on time. Although ada gak miss sebab tak bangun sahur!).

My first Ramadhan this year was spent in "Paris" with friends and foster family. Seronok. I always look forward to spending Ramadhan at kampungs. As I mention earlier, the attraction would be the pasar ramadhan. Here I can guarantee the foods are mostly awesome. Murah pulak tu! So tak sah kalau tak beli, and beli banyak. Semua nak makan!

The first night of Ramadhan pi sunat tarawih kat mosque sebelah rumah. Unlike several years ago when I last did my tarawih there, the mosque this time was not really packed. There was no jemaah praying at the corridors.

After prayer we, Cikwang, K and I went for supper in town. All of a sudden rain poured so heavily that we got stuck there. A bit about this restoran rimba where we lepak. The decor was OK lah kot although not to my taste. First impression, quite convincing. Tapi bila order, we had to wait for about half an hour baru tiba. Itupun salah and kena tukar. Cikwang punya mee bandung tasted sweet that tak larat nak makan. K's mee maggi mamak didn't look mamak. No second visit for me.

Back at the house, the rain was pouring heavily that the drain had overflowed (betul ke?)and the water flowed into the house. When we got home Makngah, Rina, Toksu and her tennant were busy mopping and scooping the water into buckets. This was the second time such incident happened it seems.

That night we stayed up very late to make sure that the floor was dry. Cikwang was busy cooking in the kitchen while the rest of us dried the floor. Anyhow, the best part was sahur (again about makan!). We had kari tulang (cuunnnn), and daging masak taucu (resepi K yang first time buat and it turned up quite okay).

The next day, the buka puasa menu was sambal ikan billis potai, falatok masak style K, leftovers from sahur and off course those that we bought at pasar ramadhan.

There goes my first day of posa. Awesome.

No comments: