Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Selamat Hariraya Aidilfitri

"Balik kampung oooo balik kampung hati girang...". Musim-musim nak raya ni this would be the song that many would want to hear. The song does not actually mention anything about hariraya tapi tak tau camno it creates that strange but nice feeling about going home to celebrate raya. Thanks to arwah Sudirman.

Today is my last day before cuti for raya. Tu pun tak sampai esok lagi, petang ni dah nak "kabur", kata orang Indon. Going home for raya to me would mean making several stop-overs before I finally sampai Segamat, my beloved kampung. Oh yes, although I may be going back to many places (refer to my earlier entry some time ago), Kg. Lubok Batu, Segamat, Johor is the real home for me. Yang lain tu tumpang rumah orang je. Anyway, I'll be going down to Penang first to meet up with friends, lepak-lepak and of course the most important thing, makan-makan. Then proceed to KL to join my other siblings before we finally head for home.

Parents would always be the main factors for most people to balik kampung. it use to be the same for me. But since our parents are no longer with us, kami adik-beradik have agreed that everyone would try to come home for raya and celebrate together. Kalau tak memang tak kenal anak cucu. This has been practiced for some time now and Alhamdullillah setakat ni.

As for me, this is the time that I very much look forward to. Being far away from other siblings and relatives, I'm always left out in many occasions. So reunions like this are so meaningful to me.

Lastly, I'd like to wish all my friends and whoever that is reading this page SELAMAT HARIRAYA AIDIL FITRI MAAF ZAHIR BATIN. If you are driving home for raya, do drive carefully. Stop at rest areas yang ada orang and rest or take a short nap. Take care.

No comments: