Wednesday, September 10, 2008

buka posa and kuih raya

It's the 11th day of Ramadhan. Not much has changed - the weight I mean. Ingatkan bulan posa ni bolehle reduce sikit weight. But until today I don't feel any lighter. Macamana le nak turun weight kalau dok makan yang best-best je. Nasi is a must. If I don't cook the lauk I would stop by at Laka Kona (a stall that I frequent because the dishes memang best) to buy something for buka posa. Sometimes got carried away bila tengok banyak sangat yang berkenan di hati.

So far buka posa mesti ada nasi because I need the energy and also because I am a nasi person. Cannot go a day without it. (But today I'm thinking of trying a different diet. Will see how it goes...).

Of course le before Ramadhan lagi the raya cookies dah already in circulation - untuk tempahan. Kat staffroom tu all sorts of samples ada. From cookies to kerepek to cakes to.... endless. Yang ready to go pung ada. Can't say I'm not at all interested. Order a few types of cookies. Tapi this time I kena control myself. Beli only to bawak balik kampung. For me, takde pung takpe. Gipun if things go well, akan cuba buat sendiri. Lama tak buat I think it would be fun to bake our own cookies. Kalau buat sendiri, ada rasa kasih sayang. That's what I told my students tadi during SDG session. I asked them if them baked their own raya cookies. Of coursele bebudak sekarang mana tau buat suma tu. Main tunjuk-tunjuk je.

Although I'm not into baking but I'm actually looking forward to making my own raya cookies. Hope this will really happen...

No comments: