Sunday, July 6, 2008

Haa, apa tu...?

Many of us have not experienced an incident where you would be the center of attention due to an unfortunate event that happened unexpectedly.

After so many years of my life, I never thought that I would be that person who would be standing in the limelight of an embarassing incident, until last friday evening. I was in a departmental store browsing through some things. I was at the costume jewellery counter checking out some items there. I did not realise that there was a mirror on the counter behind me. As the alley between the counters was quite narrow my handbag had apparently hit the mirror off the counter. Phrangg.... For a moment there was silence on the floor although there were quite a number of shoppers around as the sales had just begun. Suddenly I heard someone said..." haa, apa tu?". I looked down and saw shattered glasses around my feet. At that particular moment I could only hope that there was a plastic bag or anything big enough within my reach that I could grab to cover my head. Maluuuu.... However I managed to keep my cool and asked for the supervisor. The rest of the story, biasale... the cleaner came to sweep away the glasses, the supervisor made a few calls to find out how much the store should charge me and bla, bla, bla...

The moral of the story, whenever we come across such incident, never make remarks that may embarass the person involved. The part about knocking the mirror off the counter did not really impact the situation but the remark made by one of the shoppers had suddenly made me feel so guilty and so embarassed. Even worse, I was there alone!

2 comments:

Mama Chupan said...

Noya, lu patut jerit kuat kuat "eh I pecahkan, I pecahkan.." heheheh..
biar mr/ms Haa-apa-tuu terdiam.. heheh..

shilla66 said...

kalau ada intang.. wa akan kata.. intang apsal hang langgar mirror tu..
kalau ada chewang.. wa akan kata.. chewang.. awat clumsy bebenar
etc etc...
kalau sorang ngaku aje laaaaaaaaaa