Sunday, July 27, 2008

of life, health and good FOOOOOD!

When down to KL last weekend. Ada class. Took the opportunity to visit my aunt who had just been discharged from HUKM after having an operation to remove several stones in her bladder. She's 80 years old. Nothing noteworthy about this actually. Many survive such operation, even some who are much older than my Busu, the nickname that she is commonly known by her nieces and nephews. Busu is my late mom's youngest sibling.

But what made me tick is the fact that she is 80 and never had any serious illness before. She hardly has fever or cold. Can't even remember hearing her sneeze! (don't know if she did when I'm not around!). Me? I'm much younger than her and yet I'm complaining about a lot of things. Feeling sick almost all the time! Monthly visit to the doctor is a must. The little packet of tablets has already have a permanent corner in my bag wherever I go. Keep reminding myself to stay healthy so that I will not become a burden to people later in my life but hmmmm... Keeping fit is already a burden!

I did an exercise a few days ago. A first after so many many moons. I had to give it up just after a few moves. Can still feel the ache all over my body. So macam mana nak keep fit and healthy? Maybe I should stick to the diet. No, not cutting down on the amount of intake ridiculously but rather making sure that the food that I'm eating is good and healthy and eat moderately... and of course, tastes good too. So Kuala Perlis, here I come...

2 comments:

Crabby - Temasek Born Malaysian said...

butul! butul! makan bebanyak tapi yg healthy adalah plan hidup...tak mau dah tua kekwan hantaq ke rumah 0rang tua2 cheshire...[tht.. mungkin wajar wa update blog and ingatkan kawan wa yg horror tu!]

but soo difficult to do tht coz ada je kawang ajak makan semua benda yg bergelumang lemak, minyak, dan yg sewaktu dengannya.. wakakaka blam them!!!!

chu said...

woit, Cheshire home tu bukan romah for orang buta ke?
anyway, samo la kito. Baru planna nak kurus ada lak upacara makan busat. Camno ni? Next time crabby, kalu gang ajak makan kutam gomuk leh tak kita kata "tokse"?... hehhehe